Thursday, February 8, 2018

The earth trembled and quaked, and the foundations of the mountains shook; they trembled because he was angry.

Psalm 18

The earth trembled and quaked, and the foundations of the mountains shook; they trembled because he was angry. v7

For believers, we know that God will never leave or forsake us - that He will be with us until the end of the age (Matthew 28:20).  Yet I am not sure we take the time to reflect on the extent to which God will go to protect us - if we call on Him.

This Psalm gives us a glimpse of God's power and how it comes to our aid in times of trouble.  It is the power of the Holy Spirit, and it is the same power that raised Jesus from the grave.

I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength  he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. Ephesians 1:18-21
 
For us to begin to appreciate this power, we need to be in relationship with God and to put on the "full armor of God".

Power indeed.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who has not only created the Heavens and the Universe and everything in them, but also rules over all.  You know everything about me, including my sin, yet You came to save me, dying on the cross.  Thank You Jesus for saving me...daily.  I am not worth such love...I worry and am often harsh with my words and actions.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.