Saturday, September 8, 2018

Amos answered Amaziah, “I was neither a prophet nor the son of a prophet, but I was a shepherd, and I also took care of sycamore-fig trees. But the Lord took me from tending the flock and said to me, ‘Go, prophesy to my people Israel.’ Now then, hear the word of the Lord.

Amos 7

Amos answered Amaziah, “I was neither a prophet nor the son of a prophet, but I was a shepherd, and I also took care of sycamore-fig trees. But the Lord took me from tending the flock and said to me, ‘Go, prophesy to my people Israel.’  Now then, hear the word of the Lord. v14-16

Amos intercedes on behalf of Israel and God relents twice. In v14-16, Amos describes to Amaziah how God gave him a job to do....and he did His job delivering God's message of judgement.  Although Amaziah rejects Amos and the message he delivers from God.  However, God proceeds with His judgement and punishment of Israel (v17).

There will be times when God gives us a job to do that is difficult or uncomfortable. We cannot shirk our God given roles and responsibilities.  God helps us do the difficult tasks - He equips us.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who has given me great strength, wisdom and energy to help me do things You ask of me.  Thank You Jesus.  Yet I am undeserving of such love.  I often fail to do what You ask of me.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.