Thursday, September 6, 2018

Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the Lord God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph.

Amos 5

Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is.  Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts.  Perhaps the Lord God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph. v14-15

Verses 14-15 may seem straightforward enough, yet God wants us to love others as He loves us - see John 13:34-35.  This is a high bar indeed - but anything is possible through God.


Everything is possible for one who believes. Mark 9:23 

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who has transformed my heart and life.  Thank You Jesus.  Yet I am undeserving of such love.  I daily fail to love others as You love me.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others. Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.