Monday, September 24, 2018

This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build my house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored,” says the Lord. “You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?” declares the Lord Almighty. “Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with your own house.

Haggai 1

This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Give careful thought to your ways. Go up into the mountains and bring down timber and build my house, so that I may take pleasure in it and be honored,” says the Lord.  “You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?” declares the Lord Almighty. “Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with your own house. v7-9

Haggai is a prophet who admonishes the Jews for their lack of focus on God after they gained their freedom from 70 years of Babylonian captivity. We should not forget what God has done in our lives - we should daily express our gratitude for Him and worship Him for who He is and His role to give us life and freedom from the sting of sin and death.  Don't ignore God and seek Him only when times are tough.  Go to Him daily, especially when times are good.

See also post here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who died for me. Thank You Jesus for the greatest gift of all time.  I am not worthy of such a gift.  I daily miss the mark. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.