Wednesday, September 26, 2018

In that day each of you will invite your neighbor to sit under your vine and fig tree, declares the Lord Almighty.

Zechariah 3

In that day each of you will invite your neighbor to sit under your vine and fig tree, declares the Lord Almighty. v10

This chapter is a beautiful picture and prophecy of Jesus Christ.  First, sins are taken away (v4).  Then in v8-10 Jesus as described as the branch, the stone, and Savior.  

John 15 also portrays Jesus as The Vine and His believers as the branches. 

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. This is my command: Love each other. John 15:9-17

As the Jews emerge and rebuild the temple following exile, they are restored physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  This restoration is made complete and permanent by Jesus Christ.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are that You sent Your Son - thank You.  The greatest gift of all time.  I am not worthy of such a gift of mercy and grace.  I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.