Friday, September 28, 2018

See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

Zechariah 9

See, your king comes to you, righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey. v9

Once again, we have a prophecy of Jesus, and this prophecy of Jesus as King of Kings portrays Him as humble, as one who comes to serve, rather than be served. We are commanded to be transformed into God's image, and humility and service are at the core of who Jesus is (for us) so it is what we should be for others.  

We are to love God and love others as God loves us (John 13:34).  Our desires must come after those of Jesus and others - we are to deny oneself.


Jesus - please help me love You first, then love others as I deny myself.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who serves me each and every day - thank You Jesus.  You love me well beyond what I deserve.  I am not worthy of such love.  I am harsh with my words.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as I love You.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior. Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.