Thursday, September 27, 2018

In those days ten people from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you.

Zechariah 8

In those days ten people from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you. v23

As both Israel and Judah rebuild Jerusalem, the temple, and their lives after exile, The Lord offers encouragement through promises of blessing.  The Lord also admonishes the Jews to love one another:

These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts; do not plot evil against each other, and do not love to swear falsely. I hate all this,” declares the Lord. v16-17

Unfortunately, with all that is going on in the world today, it is difficult to find others who are obedient to God in these ways.  Yet we know as believers that as v23 states if we are a light, others will be drawn to us and God will restore those drawn to Him and make them more like Him so that more can love one another.  The challenges we face in this world are only those that God can solve by giving us new hearts.

Be a light.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and You are light and truth and I am drawn to You and through You, I have a new heart and rebirth...and life to the full.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worth such love as daily miss the mark. Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.