Sunday, September 16, 2018

He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth.

Micah 5

He will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God.  And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth. v4

Micah 5 promises a ruler from Bethlehem, a town, according to the MacArthur Commentary, which was "small in size but not in honor".  In the same way, we have a God who focuses on our heart condition, not on external appearances.  We are called to strive to be more like Jesus - to be holy because He is holy.  If we focus on our heart, through daily time with Him and other spiritual disciplines, God can our renew our heart and mind.

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Subsequent verses in Romans 12 also point us to humility.  We exist not for our own desires, but to serve and glorify Jesus.

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. Romans 12:3-5

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who came not be served but to serve.  Thank You Jesus for the cross, the Holy Spirit, Your Word, and all that You are and do.  I am not worth such a God.  I daily miss the mark.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient, and apply Your message for me today and every day.