Saturday, September 15, 2018

I will gather the lame; I will assemble the exiles and those I have brought to grief. I will make the lame my remnant, those driven away a strong nation.

Micah 4

I will gather the lame; I will assemble the exiles and those I have brought to grief.  I will make the lame my remnant, those driven away a strong nation. v6-7

Micah's role is to admonish both Israel and Judah for their failure to walk with God, their poor treatment of others, etc.  God exalts those who humble themselves before Him.  If we repent our sins and acknowledge our complete dependence on Him, He will restore us.  We have hope.  This hope is true not just for those who suffer but also those who cause the suffering.  We do not get to be the judge, only God is the judge.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and who restores me...even though I have sinned greatly against You and others.  Thank You Jesus but I need Your forgiveness.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.