Tuesday, November 24, 2020

He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

 Matthew 14-15, Mark 6-7, Luke 9, John 6-7

He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.” John 6:65 
 
Day 303 of my chronological study of the Bible with The Daily Bible® - In Chronological Order (NIV®) (available by purchase through Amazon - author F. LaGard Smith) continues as I move further into the New Testament - focusing on Jesus ministry as my commentary* notes it enters its second year.  This morning's reading includes the feeding of the five thousand, Jesus and Peter walking on water, and challenging teaching by Jesus.  We also see growing opposition to Jesus not just from the Jewish leaders but also from those who hear Jesus' teaching and cannot accept such teaching, let alone follow it.  We see scripture here that reminds us that is only Jesus who softens our hearts to His teaching and to His role in our forgiveness and salvation.  

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God who loves me and who gave me faith....and life...to the full...thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such a gift - the greatest gift of all time!  My sin, including worry, etc. continues.  Please forgive me and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love.  Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.