Tuesday, December 27, 2022

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God....And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus[.]

1 Corinthians 10 and Colossians 3

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God....And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus[.] 1 Corinthians 10:31, Colossians 3:17

This morning, my focus is DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotion, and John Piper encourages believers to have an aim not just daily but for your life.  We should have a purpose, and it should be big because God not just designed You for this purpose, but equipped You for it. Regardless of whether we have a daily, short term, or long term aim - we can all start each day with an aim to do everything for the glory of the Lord - this is why we exist. John Piper shares how this aim for every day is a good place to start - but we should not end there.  

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God.  You saved me and give me life - thank You Jesus!  You give me life abundantly and You never leave or forsake me.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of how You love and bless me.  My sin is great and it continues....daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.