Saturday, December 31, 2022

You sweep them away as with a flood; they are like a dream, like grass that is renewed in the morning: in the morning it flourishes and is renewed; in the evening it fades and withers....So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom.

Psalm 90

You sweep them away as with a flood; they are like a dream, like grass that is renewed in the morning: in the morning it flourishes and is renewed; in the evening it fades and withers....So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:5-6, 12

This morning, my focus is DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotion, and John Piper urges us to examine our life over the past year as if we have a "death rehearsal." With the start of the new year tomorrow, we should look at God's mercies anew - as we should because they never stop (Lamentations 3:22-23) and this gives us an opportunity to double down in our efforts with regard to faith. Piper also wants us to measure our lives not in earthly terms but in eternal terms - did we live a live of faith - we are referred to 2 Timothy 4:7-8. Happy New Year and live a life of a faith - finish the race!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Heavenly Father - You are SO good to me.  Your mercies are new every morning and You bless me beyond my comprehension.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving. My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.