Thursday, December 29, 2022

...Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come.

1 Thessalonians 1

...Jesus who delivers us from the wrath to come. 1 Thessalonians 1:10

This morning, my focus is DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotion, and John Piper discusses the "horrible destiny" that awaits those who fail to submit to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.  This is certainly a somber devotion, but nonetheless important to consider so that believers persist in their effort to "work out" their salvation (Philippians 2:12-13) and to save others (Jude 1:23).  John Piper refers to a number of texts to underscore his exhortation that believers "[f]lee [eternal damnation], brothers and sisters. Flee this with all your might. And let us save as many as we can!" For those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, of course persist and endure, and take hope in how in Heaven, there will be "[n]o more tears, no more pain, no more depression, no more sorrow, no more death, [and] no more sin" (Revelation 21:4).

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are good!  So good!  You grace me with my salvation and You never leave or forsake me - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such grace - amazing indeed!  My sin is great and it continues.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus. Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.