Friday, December 30, 2022

Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Hebrews 13

Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, equip you with everything good that you may do his will, working in us that which is pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. Hebrews 13:20-21

This morning, my focus is DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotion, and John Piper discusses the eternal covenant brought about by Christ's death and resurrection, and how this equips believers "with everything good that we may do his will," and how "[Christ] works in us that which is pleasing in his sight."  Piper shares, using Jeremiah 31:33 how God writes His "law on our hearts" and how this means that "[t]he will of God is not just written on stone or paper as a means of grace. It is worked in us. And the effect is: We feel and think and act in ways more pleasing to God."  This is the sanctification process at work - read, study, etc. God's Word, etc. and watch God get to work on Your heart and life.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a good, good God who has already done so much work in my life to transform my heart and life - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such blessings.  My sin is great...so great...and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.