Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 5

Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Romans 5:2

This morning, my focus is DesiringGod.com's Solid Joys daily devotion, and John Piper discusses how seeing the glory of God is believers' "ultimate hope".  He provides the following texts for us to understand and appreciate God's glory:

Through these texts Piper wants us to "[s]ee and shar[e] in God’s glory[, as it] is our ultimate hope through the gospel of Christ." He writes that [s]uch a hope, that is really known and treasured, has a huge and decisive effect on our present values and choices and actions."  Piper wraps the devotion with the following exhortation: "Get to know the glory of God. Study the glory of God and the glory of Christ. Study the glory of the world that reveals the glory of God, and the glory of the gospel that reveals the glory of Christ. Treasure the glory of God in all things and above all things. Study your soul. Know the glory you are seduced by, and know why you treasure glories that are not God’s glory." Amen!

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God and I have seen and experienced Your glory in the written word - I am in awe of You.  I am not deserving of how You display the works of Your glory in my life.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.