Friday, August 16, 2024

Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door.

 James 5:7-11

Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door. James 5:9

Today I focused on preparing the presentation I will be using to lead Sunday school exploring James 5:7-11. The lesson starts by looking at the three examples of patience James offers for believers to follow.  See also post here. One of these examples is Job who of course is one of the greatest examples in the Bible of patience in suffering; he never curses the Lord even though his own wife wants him to and he sees God in all circumstances (see Job 2:9-10, 2 Corinthians 12:7).  I then point to: 

There is of course much to unpack in James 5:7-11 so I look forward to a great discussion in class on Sunday!

Before I wrap my study today - I reflect on how I feel challenged to not grumble against my fellow believers as I wait on the Lord as I must be patient with various matters in my life.

Comment and discuss this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an awesome God who loves me and and who is full of amazing grace and compassion for me - thank You Jesus!  I am not deserving of such love and compassion.  My sin is great and it continues...daily.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Please provide Godly friends and spouses to Zach and Dustin.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.