Friday, May 30, 2014

"But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”

Luke 14

"But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.” v13-14

Jesus did not come to be served but to serve:

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45

In the same way we are to be a blessing to others...to serve.

This is something I think we need to be more mindful of...to serve others.  But not to be repaid as Jesus says, but to glorify God and for heavenly riches.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You don't need to serve but You want everyone to be part of Your kingdom so You serve us so that we can depend on You, follow You, model You, etc.  How great You are!  I certainly am not deserving of such love and blessing - I am impatient, quick to anger, selfish, harsh with my words, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway Jesus but please forgive me!  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me and help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.