Thursday, May 15, 2014

"You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.”

Luke 12

"You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.” v40

I have often read about how our days are numbered and how we must never relent in our obedience and service to Jesus Christ.

We must also never stop running.

And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:1-3

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I know You will return because "no word of God will ever fail".  You will return...not only because You have said so but also because You love all of Your children and will rescue us.  What a great God You are.  You don't need us but You suffered and died for us...knowing full well that sin and our worship is but "filthy rags".  I am not worthy of such love and blessing.  I am impatient, prideful, arrogant, slow to listen, and quick to anger...among my many sin!  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.