Thursday, May 29, 2014

"For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Luke 14

"For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” v11

I often think of myself as humble...yet in the workplace I strive for recognition and status, believing that I deserve more recognition and status...how sinful! As I read yesterday, I must focus on serving others, primarily the Lord Jesus.

At work, I must serve my earthly masters...

Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 1 Peter 2:18

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and in need of nothing...yet You came to serve.  How great You are and so full of love!  I am not worthy of Your love and blessing.  I seek glory for myself...I know this is wrong.  Thank You Jesus that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me turn from such sin and help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.