Friday, May 16, 2014

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked."

Luke 12

"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." v48

I know Jesus has entrusted me with much...financial resources, spiritual gifts, etc.  The question for me is the extent to which I am using these gifts for His glory.  One area where I know I am not glorifying Jesus as I should is with my attitude at work.  I am to submit to my masters:

Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 1 Peer 2:18

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I know You have blessed me...abundantly!  You have provided me with a job, resources, health, family, friends, etc.  I am not worthy of such love and blessing.  I often have a bad attitude about work, at home and elsewhere I am quick to anger and slow to listen...I am prideful and impatient.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.