Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.”

Luke 11

"See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.” v35-36

We are to love Jesus with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength.  This is the greatest commandment per Matthew 22.  If we do love Jesus with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength, then everything else that Jesus wants including the 2nd greatest command - to love your neighbor as yourself - will flow from our heart as if we are a light on a stand for all to see.

I also think of Hebrews 12:1-2:



Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I am desperately lost without You.  I need You to guide me, to purify me, and to sharpen me.  Lord I am amazed that You love me so much that You would die for me.  Thank You Jesus.  I am not worthy of such love and blessing.  I am impatient, quick to anger, selfish, prideful, etc.  Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.