Friday, May 9, 2014

“Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering.”

Luke 11

“Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering.” v52

We must have BOTH head and heart understanding of Jesus words.  If we don't understand the absolute truth of the Bible we cannot expect to obey what it says.  At the same, understanding is insufficient.  We must seek Jesus and invite Him into our heart:

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you,” declares the Lord...Jeremiah 29:13-14

We must also be in action because faith without works is empty.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.  James 1:22-24

My Prayer:  Lord Jesus, You are truth and light.  Without You I am desperately lost!  You have rescued me from deep dark valleys and set me upon paths to glorious heights!  What a great God You are!  I am not worthy of such incredible love and blessing.  I am weak.  I am quick to anger, slow to listen, impatient, prideful and on and on I can go!  Thank You for Your love despite my failings.  Please forgive me and help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.