Thursday, May 1, 2014

“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

Luke 10

“Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” v41-42

With regard to raising Zach and Dustin I pray fervently that Lisa and I focus on what is important...matters of Jesus and matters of the heart.  There are so many earthly and worldly distractions...we need not concern ourselves with those.  

I have recently sought God's will about my job, a new job and where He wants me to be with my career.  One thing is clear...I need to submit to my earthly master just as I do to Jesus.

Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human authority: whether to the emperor, as the supreme authority, or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right.  For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. Live as free people, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as God’s slaves. Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. 1 Peter 2:13-18

God also has great plans for me and for this I should be hopeful.

For I know the plansI have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

My Prayer: Lord, You have never let me down.  You have always listened to my prayers and You always answer my prayers.  You always provide.  You love me more than I deserve....I am sinful...I am selfish, lazy, harsh, prideful, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.