Wednesday, April 30, 2014

“Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. For I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.”

Luke 10


“Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. For I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.” v23-24

Jesus knows that there are many who will not hear the message that is given to them through the gospel of Christ.  You must first acknowledge a dependence on God...for all things.  First and foremost is for forgiveness of sins.  We are unclean by nature by cleansed in His eyes and made new again - reborn in Christ.  Not all of those who hear the gospel of Christ acknowledge a need for Christ and hence do not accept Christ as their savior and will not experience the fullness of Christ in their life and in eternity.

In Luke 10 you can see that head and heart understanding of the Word is important as is doing of the Word - doing what God says...


“Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”


Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.” v36-37

My Prayer: Lord, I KNOW that I am dependent solely on You for all things...first and foremost to cleanse me of my sins and to give me new life in You where I have freedom from sin in that if I truly turn from sin I am transformed to be more like You Jesus.  I desperately seek You and this transformation.  I have seen Your power in my life and desire You to run throughout my life.  You bless me beyond what I deserve.  I am selfish, prideful, etc.  Thank you that You love me Jesus but please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.