Wednesday, April 9, 2014

"No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins. And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for they say, ‘The old is better.”

Luke 5

"No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins. And no one after drinking old wine wants the new, for they say, ‘The old is better.” v38-39

With our belief in Christ as our Lord and Savior comes a rebirth and new life.  Things have changed...of course we have Jesus in our heart and with that the Holy Spirit, but I think there is expectation that we take steps to create new life...a new community of people, new practices (i.e. spiritual disciplines, etc.), and a leaving behind of old practices, etc.  The Holy Spirit is definitely a part of this process but so are we...

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, as a result of accepting You in my heart and life I have had a rebirth and a new life in You.  With this I have seen true life change and rich blessings.  You have blessed me beyond what I deserve.  I continue to sin - impatience, anger, selfishness, pride, worry, etc. are all top of mind.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus for all of this sin!  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.