Thursday, April 10, 2014

Then Jesus said to them, “I ask you, which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy it?”

Luke 6

Then Jesus said to them, “I ask you, which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy it?” v9

The Pharisees continue to be obsessed with their own status and power and truly believe that what you do is more important the what is in your heart.  They believe that is unlawful to work on the Sabbath.  Yet Jesus cares more about the need of the man whose hand was shriveled.  In the same way, Jesus cares about our heart condition.  Jesus understands what Solomon wrote in Proverbs:

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:3

My Prayer: Lord, You came to earth and lived a pure, holy, and blameless life...for me.  You then died and rose again for me.  You provide Your Word and Your Holy Spirit for me...to guide me and to be with me.  I am blessed with power based in love.  What an amazing gift You are - You are an active loving God who continues to bless me beyond what I deserve.  I am selfish and lazy among my many sins.  Thank You that You love me anyway Jesus but please forgive me.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.