Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

Luke 10

"I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.  However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.” v19-20

God is certainly almighty and I have witnessed His power in my life as He has transformed my heart and blessed me well beyond what I deserve.  I must recognize that I have this power daily and in every moment.  It is for more me to believe in this power, have faith in this power, to call on this power and of course understand that this power is for His glory not mine.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You indeed are a great God full of love, compassion, kindness, mercy...all of the fruits of the spirit.  You are not only my Lord and Savior but also the God whom I desire in my heart and my life - the one whom I strive to be more like.  I desperately need You Jesus because I am broken...full of sin.  I am prideful, lazy, impatient, quick to anger and slow to listen.  Please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from this sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.