Tuesday, April 8, 2014

But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.

Luke 5

But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. v16

Jesus' life emphasizes the importance of prayer - as busy as He was with all of the demands on Him by His followers and those seeking His grace, mercy, and power, etc., Jesus STILL made time for study and prayer.

In Matthew 26:39 Jesus prays fervently to His Father “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”  Clearly this is an instance of great difficulty.  Yet in Luke and elsewhere Jesus prays ALL the time.

Also, Jesus wants to us ask for what we want:

 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened."  Luke 11:9-10

My Prayer: Lord, I know You love me and You are always with me and always hear my call and listen to my prayers.  Yet I am weak - my faith is weak and I worry - far too much.  Thank You Jesus for Your love but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me strengthen my faith.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.