Wednesday, April 23, 2014

“My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.”

Luke 8

“My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.” v21

I have often thought of my brothers and sisters in Christ to be those who go to church...but Jesus' words here in Luke cause me to question whether I need to go further with those whom I should associated...I must be doing life as Jesus intends...these are my brothers and sisters in Christ.

My Prayer: Jesus, You are holy, pure, and blameless and You provide Your Word and Holy Spirit to me to help guide me....and so much more...without these I would be lost.  You are a great God.  I love You Jesus.  Yet I am not worth the love and blessing You provide.  I am full of anger, impatience, pride, selfishness, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus...help me turn from such sin and help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.