Friday, April 18, 2014

But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.

Luke 7

But whoever has been forgiven little loves little. v47

I think to myself that I want to love like Jesus does, that I want to please Jesus with my life.  Yet Jesus makes it simple to please Him because we know that the most important commands from Matthew 22 are to love Him with all of your heart, soul, mind, and strength and the next most important commands is to love others. Put simply, we are to love...and a key manifestation of our love is forgiveness of others.  

If I don't forgive...I am not loving.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You ARE love....love defined but not bounded by any earthly definition (Ephesians 3:18).  And what is of course great about Jesus is that He loves me...despite my sin.  What a great God.  Yet I am not worthy of such love.  I am selfish, impatient, quick to anger, prideful...among my many sin.  Thank You Jesus that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin and help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength...and love others.