Wednesday, April 16, 2014

“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built."

Luke 6

“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?  As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like.  They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built." v46-48

Lord Jesus I have personally felt Your blessing despite not getting an offer from Apptio with whom I have been interviewing.  I gained strength through faith and by understanding that You know everything about me and You know what is best for me.  If this was best for me, You would have opened the door for me. 

I have gained great joy through what I do have...Jesus, family, friends, provision, music, tennis, etc.  I am blessed beyond what I deserve and I do indeed have joy right now just as says: 

[G]ive thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You ARE joy...and peace, and power, and love, etc.  You are all what is great and You suffered and died for me despite my sin!  How great You are!  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worthy of such love and blessing Jesus - I am impatient, quick to anger and slow to listen, selfish, prideful, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  I desire to turn from my sin - help me!  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.