Monday, April 21, 2014

"But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop."

Luke 8

"But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop." v15

I do thirst for God's word, not only to hear it, but to retain it, apply it and to be strengthened by it.

The parable of the sower here is echoed by James:


Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.  Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror. James 1:22-23

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, there is no doubt that Your Word is truth and the only truth for me...it has already given new life to me and life in abundance.  Yet I am not worthy of such love and blessing.  I am lazy, prideful, and I fail to glorify You with my service in this world through my earthly masters at work.  Thank You that You love me anyway but PLEASE forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn and overcome this sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.