Monday, April 28, 2014

"Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?"

Luke 9

"Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?" v23-25

Worldy and earthly influences surround me, yet Jesus asks me to deny myself these earthly urges...this includes physical urges of food, etc.  Pleasure seeking above God is disdained.  I KNOW I am guilty of this.  It is OK to partake of many things but NOT if it is in conflict with God's will for me.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, I know You provide much for us to enjoy as You love us.  Yet I abuse these gifts because I am selfish...I seek out my own pleasure above Your glory.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus!  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.