Friday, April 25, 2014

...he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases.

Luke 9


...he gave them power and authority to drive out all demons and to cure diseases. v1

With our belief in Jesus Christ, we also have the Holy Spirit that provides us access to the same power that the disciples had received from Jesus when He sent them out.

Jesus refers to this after His resurrection:


"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you"....Acts 1:8

This power is of course for God's glory.


...and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8

Then again we exist to glorify God


So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

So I must recognize that:


"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength". Phillipians 4:13

I must also recognize that this power with which I have access is for the glory of God and God expects much from us on this.


From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked. Luke 12:48

My Prayer: Lord, You are the only power I need in my life because I know all good and glorious gifts come from above...from You.  You provide for all of my needs I will never be in want.  I know You love me Jesus - what a great God You are!  I am not worthy of such love and blessing.  I am quick to anger, slow to listen, impatient, selfish and these are just a few my sins!  Thank You that You love me anyway Jesus but please forgive me!  Help me turn from such sin and help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.