Friday, April 11, 2014

“Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.

Luke 6


“Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets. v23

I have struggled much lately because of joy - or lack thereof.  For me it all boils down to where my focus is - Jesus...or elsewhere.  If I can keep my focus on Jesus...there is guaranteed joy.


[F]ixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:2-3

...

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed the only source of joy in this world...I know that if I focus my eyes on Jesus there is nothing but joy.  You are so gracious and merciful and full of love for me...what a great God You are!  I am not worthy of such love and blessing.  I am selfish, impatient, harsh with my thoughts and words, etc.  Thank You Jesus that You love me anyway but please forgive me!  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.