Tuesday, April 22, 2014

"For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open."

Luke 8

"For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open." v17

Who I am in all facets of my life - whether in public or private - matters.  Certainly God knows who I am and I am accountable to Him for my life.  Additionally, it is very difficult - to say the least - to hide your true character from others and God calls us to be a light:

“No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light. For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. Therefore consider carefully how you listen. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they think they have will be taken from them.” v16-18

I am called to be a light...I must seek God's help to transform both my heart and my life so that I can better reflect Jesus to others and of course then draw others to Him.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, Your life on earth was pure, holy and blameless...yet You gave up Your life willingly (and suffered greatly in the process!) for me.  You call me to draw others to You through my own life and sometimes I do but many times I don't.  Jesus, You bless me well beyond what I deserve.  I am selfish, quick to anger, prideful, impatient, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin.  Please not only help me overcome this sin but transform my heart and my life.  I seek to be more like You so that I can glorify You through my life and bring others to You.