Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.”

Luke 12

"I tell you, you will not get out until you have paid the last penny.” v59

I know that I am to be prepared for no one know the hour of Jesus' return.  Being prepared for Jesus' return of course means accepting Him as your Lord and Savior.  It is also means committing to get to know Him better every day...through prayer, study, and reflection.  It also means action - doing what the Word says.  From this verse in Luke today I am reminded that we must also have a healthy fear of Christ in that his patience is not unlimited and we will all be held accountable for our actions or lack thereof...regardless of whether we have accepted Christ.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You indeed are a great God...full of love, mercy, kindness, patience, generosity...etc.  Of course all of the fruits of the spirit are present in You.  You are worthy of my worship...yet I am not worthy of You love...I sin - I am impatient, quick to anger, slow to listen, critical of others, etc.  Thank You that You love me anyway but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.