Tuesday, May 13, 2014

"Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”

Luke 12

"Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.” v15

I am aware of how Jesus wants us to store up treasures in heaven vs earth:

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal." Matthew 6:19

It is helpful to have additional references in scripture regarding Jesus' teaching.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You have helped me recognize that all I need is You for all of my needs, physical and emotional.  You have always provided and You always will.  Thank You Jesus...You are indeed a great God!  Yet as much as I recognize that I need not look elsewhere for my needs, I often do look elsewhere - to food, to accomplishments, status, etc. I am sorry Jesus for my sin...please forgive me and help me turn from such sin.  Help me be the man You intend for me.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.