Monday, February 13, 2017

But the Lord will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel.

Joel 3

But the Lord will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel. v16

Ever since The Fall in Genesis 3, sin and all of its consequences entered the world.  The Israelites failed to love, trust, and obey God as He commands us.  So God sent His one and only Son (John 3:16).  While we will have trouble in this world (see John 16:33), we CAN take heart as God is our refuge and stronghold and He is with us always (Matthew 28:20).

This world is not easy, yet He encourages us, protect us, teaches us, equips us, and gives us peace and joy.  God is power, hope and He will help us overcome all things - as He provides the Holy Spirit, the same power that rose Jesus from the grave:


I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength  he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. Ephesians 1:18-21

My Prayer: Lord, I KNOW You are with me and You are incomparably great and give to me a glorious inheritance!  You bless me beyond what I deserve as I am selfish, lazy and disobedient - please forgive me and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do. Help me grow in my faith. Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the from the side effects of chemo.  Help myself and Lisa lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.