Friday, February 3, 2017

Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.

Hosea 6

Come, let us return to the Lord. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence. v1-2

God is SO merciful and He offers to take us back despite our sin.  He knows we are broken and imperfect and He loves us just as we are and He wants more for us.  See also the Parable of the Lost (Prodigal) Son.

But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him. Luke 15:20

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

We have life because He died for us - this is love.

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. John 15:13

We love because he first loved us. 1 John 4:19

The story of the Israelites in Hosea is our story and the promise of healing and restoration is available to us all!

What a great God I have!

 My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are that You were willing to suffer and die for me, knowing everything about me, including my sin.  Thank You Jesus!  And You continue to love me regardless of my sin.  I am not worth such love.  I am harsh.  Please forgive me for my worry and help me turn from my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal her of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.