Thursday, February 16, 2017

Woe to you who are complacent in Zion, and to you who feel secure on Mount Samaria, you notable men of the foremost nation, to whom the people of Israel come!

Amos 6

Woe to you who are complacent in Zion, and to you who feel secure on Mount Samaria, you notable men of the foremost nation, to whom the people of Israel come! v1

God does not want lukewarm believers - He wants our full attention and He wants us to be in action.


Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do. James 1:22-25


Indeed, to them you are nothing more than one who sings love songs with a beautiful voice and plays an instrument well, for they hear your words but do not put them into practice. Ezekiel 33:32
 
As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. James 2:26
 
‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ Matthew 25:45
 
Sluggards do not plow in season; so at harvest time they look but find nothing. Proverbs 20:4
 
We must live with the end in mind, be eternally-focused and ready so that when the day comes when Jesus returns He does not say ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’(Luke 13:27).
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God that is slow to anger and abounding in love, full of compassion, mercy and patience for me.  You loved me and chose me despite my sin.  You rescued me and You continue to rescue me...thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and compassion.  I am full of harsh thoughts and words, and I am lazy.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give myself and Lisa strength.  Please heal and cure her of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, our church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.