Sunday, February 5, 2017

Because you have depended on your own strength and on your many warriors, the roar of battle will rise against your people[.]

Hosea 10

Because you have depended on your own strength and on your many warriors, the roar of battle will rise against your people[.] v13-14

When we think about turning away from God we do so by idolizing money, sex, careers, etc....the list is many.  Yet we often to see how we worship ourselves.  We can do this through seemingly innocent statements such as I don't need God, or I don't need Him today.  We all sin and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23) and we need His daily bread (Proverbs 30:8, Matthew 6:11, Luke 11:3).  Also, it is important that apart from God we can do nothing.

I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

We must not only acknowledge that we need Jesus, but that we need Him for everything - every day.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God who provides for all things and does so abundantly.  Thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such love and blessing.  I often go about my way without seeking You - please forgive me and help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give myself and Lisa strength and wisdom.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.