Friday, February 10, 2017

Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.

Joel 2

Return to the Lord your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity. v13

As a follow up to Tuesday's post, we once again see God as slow to anger and abounding in love.  God has every right to be angry with us because we sin constantly, we can't help it as this is the human condition since the beginning.  Yet God continues to pour out His grace and mercies for us - this is how great God is and my words fail to do Him justice.

We are commanded to not only love God but to love others and to love others as God loves us.


A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. John 13:34

This is a high standard but one we should strive for and ask for help from the Holy Spirit.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed great and full of patience, mercy and compassion on all of Your children.  You don't anyone to perish in the everlasting fire.  You want to spend eternity in Heaven with all of Your children so You send us out to make disciples.  Thank You Jesus for sending a disciple to me and I know I can do more to be a disciple of others who have yet to be saved.  Please forgive me for my selfishness and for my laziness.  Help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects from chemo.  Help Lisa and myself lead Zach and Dustin to You and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.