Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the Lord God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph.

Amos 5

Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the Lord God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph. v14-15


God is SO full of patience, mercy, and compassion on His children - He does not want to hurt them or punish them - He is a God who is slow to anger and abounding in love.

He loves us SO much that He sent His one and only son.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. John 3:16-18 

God IS patient but His patience is not infinite. Jesus will return once again (Revelation) during the final days.  We should be ready.

So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. Matthew 24:44

Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. 2 Peter 3:17
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and my words are but filthy rags as they cannot do justice for Your incomparable greatness.  I am not worthy of such a God who adopts me as His son.  I am grateful but undeserving of such grace.  Thank You Jesus.  Please forgive me for my gossip, for my anger, my harsh thoughts, actions, and words.  Help me turn from such sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.