Friday, February 17, 2017

I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,” says the Lord your God.

Amos 9

I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them,”
says the Lord your God. v15

The last verse in the book of Amos reveals the hope of Christ - that God rescues us from the sting of sin and death.  While we may not be promised a life of worldly happiness, we are promised joy and peace (Galatians 5:22) in this world and eternity in Heaven with God.  We should be focused on how we are citizens of Heaven and be thankful and content with the life God gives us in this world as it is only temporary while we will have eternity in Heaven.

But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. Philippians 3:20-21

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky. Philippians 2:14-15

My Prayer: Lord, You are a great God who is full of mercy and compassion for me, even though I grumble and complain and I fail to obey.  Thank You for such mercies and compassion but please forgive me and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  Help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message today and every day.