Thursday, February 23, 2017

Do not hold us accountable for killing an innocent man, for you, Lord, have done as you pleased.

Jonah 1

Do not hold us accountable for killing an innocent man, for you, Lord, have done as you pleased. v13

Nothing can stop God's plan from coming to fruition.  God is in control and when He sets a plan in motion - nothing can stop it.

For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.  Colossians 1:16-17


Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21
See also this post.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are indeed a great God who is before and in all things, You created all things and all things are for You.  I am part of Your creation created for Your glory and purposes.  You have done many miracles in my life - yet I often seek my own will and desires for my life and not Yours.  Thank You for the many blessings but please forgive me Jesus.  Help me overcome my sins and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength. Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects from chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.