Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The ways of the Lord are right; the righteous walk in them, but the rebellious stumble in them.

Hosea 14

The ways of the Lord are right; the righteous walk in them, but the rebellious stumble in them. v9

Much of our culture has pushed aside God, viewing Him as some distant, uninvolved God that has no role in our life.  Absent God in our lives, we act without boundaries assuming this is freedom.  Yet ironically, we find ourselves more troubled than ever because of this "freedom".  For those of us who love and follow God, we understand that following God provides true freedom because we are no longer slaves to sin and death.

But thanks be to God that, though you used to be slaves to sin, you have come to obey from your heart the pattern of teaching that has now claimed your allegiance. You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Romans 6:17-18

The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:56-57

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Hebrew 4:12-13
 
My Prayer: Lord Jesus, what an awesome God You are that You provide the freedom that we long for - freedom from the sting of sin and death...and You are with me...always. Thank You Jesus!  I desperately need You.  I am broken and I continue to sin.  I am lazy and selfish.  Please forgive me and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You. Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and help me love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength.  Please heal her of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo. Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, the church and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.