Thursday, February 2, 2017

Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes.

Hosea 3

Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes. v1

The Book of Hosea demonstrates:
- that God is fair and just
- that He is full of patience and mercy
- that He has a plan
- that He wants us to love others just as He loves us

God is fair and just in His discipline and punishment of us (Psalm 67:4) - just like the Israelites, we are often unfaithful.  God is full of patience and mercy and He gives us second chances (often many chances to repent) and instead of death (the wages of sin are death - Romans 6:23), we are spared (Jesus takes our place on the cross).  He has a plan for us:

However, as it is written:“What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”—the things God has prepared for those who love him—
1 Corinthians 2:9

See also scripture here.

God also wants us to forgive and love others as He loves us.

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God who is fair and just, full of patience and mercy, and You have a great plan for us.  Thank You for all that You have done and all that You are for us.  I love You Jesus.  Thank You for adopting me as Your son.  I am undeserving.  I continue to sin and I am lazy and selfish.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and forgive and love others as You love me.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself strength and wisdom.  Please heal and cure Lisa of her cancer and the side effects from chemo.  Help me lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.