Sunday, June 4, 2017

Abram agreed to what Sarai said.

Genesis 16


Abram agreed to what Sarai said. v2

Just as it happened in Genesis 3, man (Abram) was passive in the face of sin. God made a covenant with Abram that Abram would have a son of his own blood (not a servant) yet Sarai and Abram lacked trust in the Lord and took things into their own hands.  I know I have been guilty of such sin.  Yet I am thankful that I have a definition of biblical manhood and other men have helped recognize the importance of being the man God intends for us.  

A key principle of biblical manhood for Genesis 16 is to reject passivity.  Do not remain in your comfort zone in face of others' needs - including when those in your sphere of influence (family, etc.) engage in sin.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are a great God and worthy of my full attention, not just for me but also for those whom God calls me to lead.  Yet I often fall down and lose focus.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome such sin and turn towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Help me reject passivity.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message to me today and every day.