Tuesday, June 20, 2017

For to see your face is like seeing the face of God, now that you have received me favorably.

Genesis 33

For to see your face is like seeing the face of God, now that you have received me favorably. v10

Much like in the story of the Prodigal Son, Esau is gracious to his brother Jacob and runs out to meet Jacob (v4).  Joseph is also gracious with his brothers, who sold him into slavery.

We are all created in God's image.

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27

...and we are to be a light to others allowing others to see Jesus in us so that we draw others to Him.

You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.  Matthew 5:14-16  

See also posts here.

My Prayer: Lord Jesus, You are an amazing God and full of grace beyond description.  You have given me second chances well beyond what I deserve - thank You Jesus!  I am not worth such grace and love.  I am selfish.  Please forgive me Jesus and help me overcome my sin and turn from my sin towards You.  Help me love You with all of my heart, soul, and mind and love others as You do.  Help me grow in my faith.  Give Lisa and myself wisdom and strength.  Please heal Lisa of her cancer and from the side effects of chemo.  Help us lead Zach and Dustin to You Jesus and for them to choose You as their Lord and Savior.  Help me serve You, my family, my church, and others.  Help me understand, be obedient to, and apply Your message for me today and every day.